Wednesday 7 May 2014

038: Half Way There - Fifty/Fifty Challenge

As part of my "Things to do Next" List I decided to take part in the 50/50 Challenge: to read fifty book and watch fifty films in one year. The biggest catch, that I can't have seen or read them before. As it is coming up to the 1/4 way through, I thought I might recap how I'm going and how I hope to get to the goal of a hundred new texts by the end of the year.

As of today, I am 22/50 for movies and 14/50 for book. I say that this is no too bad. Nearly half way for films (plus I have two movie dates [with friends, don't get excited] in the coming fortnight so hopefully I hit my halfway soon). Books are a little harder. I am trying to make my way through the Game of Thrones series so it is taking longer than a couple of hours to finish a book. There was a disclaimer on the 50/50 home page that suggested that longer booked can count as two, ands but I'll see if I want to bend the rules come December.

So far, my favourites so far have been -
AustenLand (2013): A Jane Austen enthusiasts enrols in a Jane Austen experience. So rarely do I laugh out loud during a film, but this was hilarious. Jennifer Coolidge had me in stitches and JJ Feilds is a dream.

The Cuckoo's Calling Robert Galbraith (on goodreads) I liked this, I love JK's style and loved that it was in a different genre. I had thought for many years that she should write a mystery novel and my prayers had been answered. 

Saving Mr Banks (2013) I love Mary Poppins, I love Emma Thompson, I can tolerate Tom Hanks. I knew I would love this movies. It funny, beautiful and heart warming. 

Do you have any recommendations for what I should read or watch next? To see everything on my 50/50 list this year, check out my Pinerest Board.

  Kathleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment