Monday 19 August 2013

008: Looking Back


In the now month and a half of being back in the country (it does not  feel like it) I have been trying a new way of thinking, trying to create a New Katie to tackle the new world that travelling showed me. Sticking to my original idea, I have been determined not to return to the rathe miserable lifestyle that I had myself enduring before I left, by changing little aspects of my life rather than falling back into a bad routine. And with the two month mile stone just around the corner, I guess it’s time to look back over my return and see how I've done.



I had five major “Room for Improvement” areas, each with subcategories and little steps towards the New Katie. And I can comfortably say that not a single one of these areas are thriving (and no, they are all thriving in their own little way either). Really, a staggeringly small amount of change has actually happened. But the biggest change is a much subtler one – a very internal change: the new knowledge that I am capable, I just need more time.
Perhaps two months is too soon to hope to grow into an entirely new person, it would make sense. It took over two decades to create the last one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment