Tuesday 20 August 2013

009: Routine, or lack there of

A day doesn’t go by when I don’t think about my life in England. Be it a photograph or a status on Facebook or doing something again for the first time since I got back. I miss my friends, the environment the lifestyle and I miss the person that I was. There was so much excitement of living on campus, drinking every second night, barely studying and enjoying the freedom of living a life where consequences hardly matter. The things however, that I miss the most isn’t the parties and the cheap booze and the plentiful amount of attractive international men – it’s the routine that I created.

Each morning, I would be work by a knock on the door, throwing on whatever clothes that were lying on the floor and met with my three favourite housemates (or people. In the entire world) and trekked sleepily down to the dining hall for breakfast. We would part ways go to classes, if our time tables suited, we’d meet up for lunch or lounge around in each-others rooms before heading down with our whole dorm for dinner, gossip and a whole lot of laughs. Every day, normally integrated with some of the drama that seemed to follow us wherever we went. But that was the main part. It was normal. There was normality.



But since returning, that routine has vanished. I wake up in the morning with no plan, no structure and no motivation. I know I need to create something; something to give my days reason again. I want to make a new routine to get me back into a somewhat normal life again. I want, no, it’s more than a want, it’s a need – I need to regain some of the routine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment