Sunday 17 November 2013

022: Apparently I would be dead in a zombie apocalypses

Spring has crept up on me so suddenly that I had almost forgotten my mid year resolution (much the same as New Year Resolutions, but without the hype and expectations) to be fit for summer. So I dusted off my runners and legging - the only time its acceptable to wear leggings in public - and decided to go for a run.

During my last feeble attempt at getting fit, I downloaded a 'Couch to Marathon 5K Running" Ap in the hopes that a little motivaion would help me get there (last time I hadn't even opened it) and decided that this sunny Spring morning would be a good time to try it out.

As it turns out, I'm not even fit enough for the beginners level. I jogged through my warm up, feeling the energy pulse through me - and then he (the little overly American trainer that I had selected) told me to run.

It might have been only for a minute, but I could feel myself dying as I ran. The warm breeze brushing through my hair, the flies hitching a ride on my sweaty back, uncoordinated feet hitting the pavement in some attempt at rhythm. It was the hardest minute of my life.

Clearly its going to take a while before I get to those 5km, but I'm (hopefully) not going to give up yet.

  Kathleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment