Monday 18 November 2013

023: I didn't think I would appreciate it at the time

As it is coming around to the gift giving season, I though I might share with you all the gift that I had to pretend I liked until I actually used it.

Last year for my birthday, my sister bought be "The Book Lovers Journal' a cute little book where I was supposed to write down all the books I'd read and my opinions. I didn't really think much of it at the time. I was part way though my English degree at the time - all the books I read had thousand word essay written in their honour.



But then I needed it

In the early hours of the morning, and I had just finished J.K Rowling's first book for adults "The Casual Vacancy" and found myself clutching the poor book and sobbing into into pages. (spoiler, it has a sad ending) All I wanted to do was call my friends and tell them all they had to read this book. But it was three am, and calls that late are only acceptable if you are drunk or dying. So I just had to write about it.

So for all you people out there who are looking for something for the book lover who doesn't need any more books.  have a look here.

  Kathleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment