Monday 20 January 2014

031: So, something I don't like thinking about.

It really awful (depending on your answer) but... remember what you were doing this time last year?

I do. I was getting off a plane into the blizzardy London streets, with my recently broken suitcase in hand and had never been more excited in my life.

Its strange to think that so little time has passed, and yet so much has happened and so much has changed. Those six short months changed almost every aspect of my person, my attitude and my perception of the world. I was able to cram so much experience and life into my time over seas that I can't imagine doing half as much in this year. And yet, I know it is possible, because I have done it.

Some days, just going back over the memories can be painful, sometimes I laugh until I cry and then laugh again. Sometimes doing a simple day to day activity - like tipping a waiter will make me remember the time my house mates filled out a paper pick up for me to give to the waiter in London. Or when I went down the wrong corridor and tried to get into someone elses room. Little things that remind me that my time in England was the best in my life. And I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

  Kathleen x

No comments:

Post a Comment