Tuesday 19 August 2014

045: A Room of One's Own

I have mentioned that I have moved house a few times now, so it's probably time I wrote about my new beautiful place. I shan't write about it all, but I will give you folks on the internet a tour of my favourite room in the whole house.

This, in true Katie style is my awfully messy study. It was a condition of the house hunting that there would be a room that I could claim to be my own aside from my bedroom. The Virginia Woolf inspired room of my own. And when we found this one both me and my sister (now my new roomie) fell in love. She with the master bedroom with ensuite and walk in robe - I with the spare bedroom. 

I have, for a long time, hated having my desk in my bedroom, because it becomes a space of clutter where all the things I am supposed to be doing get piled and chaos reigns. And even though this room is still the messiest in the house (I'm claiming that it's because it is where we are keeping all the things without a home while we are moving but I'm not sure how long I can play that card for) it is my favourite. 

It is the sunniest room in the morning, which also happens to be my prime writing time. It is literally a stones throw away from my bedroom (prefect for tossing anything that doesn't belong in one to the other) and I have grand plans for making it my little writing haven in our home. 

Do you out there also have your writing spaces? Your own Ms Woolf room? Or simply a corner in a hectic life? Are they as chaotic as mine? 

xo 
Katie  

No comments:

Post a Comment