Tuesday 26 August 2014

046: One Week Of Baby Steps

A week ago I wrote about my not so drastic attempt to make some changes in my life and now I though I would share in the progress.

I mentioned that I wanted to change only a few little things, in the hope that I would slowly evolve into a better person. I gave myself a new habit to add in each day and see if by a week I would be able to maintain them the whole time.

My little goals for the week were:

1. Making My Bed  Every Day: - This I managed to do, almost everyday, I was quite lenient with this one - I didn't give myself a time limit to get it done and yes, there may have been a day where I straighten the sheets up just before dinner, but the bed was made! The only day I didn't do it was when I changed the sheets, and that counts for something doesn't it?

2. Showering Every Day: - The whole point of this test was the 'little steps' idea. And yes, I am pleased to tell you that I was able to shower daily, thank you very much. 

3. Get Dressed: - Ok, there have been some days when although I am showered, I have been known to slip back into my dressing gown and pot around the house in not much more. Tuesday may have been spent like this, and for this I am very ashamed. 

4. Clean Kitchen: - My sister helped me with this, a lot. Wouldn't let me leave one plate in the sink, so thankfully this one was a breeze.  

5. Write Something: And not so breeze, even with my beautiful writing room I still struggle to sit down and actually write something. But looking to improve on this one. A lot. 
 
6. Talk to Someone - I bent the rules with this one, and made a lot of exceptions to the rules. I included shop assistants and the guy at the petrol station but words were exchanged, so that's good! But also tried a little better to keep talking to those who I'm no longer seeing everyday - my old house mates, friends from work and old flame or two. Baby steps remember. 

7. Drink 2lts of Water every day. I can do this one almost without thinking, I have a litre bottle of water that I keep with me most of the time - whether I am at work or at home, soon enough I have gotten through two bottles and its not even lunch time. 

Each time I added new step in, the one previous became a little easier, so hopefully, with time, the idea of a social life of a writing schedule wont seem so daunting and I might get around to running up that mountain. 

xo Katie  

No comments:

Post a Comment