Wednesday 4 September 2013

011: Involuntary Life Experience

A few weeks ago I posted a list of "things" I wish to accomplish. Some of them important, most of them not and other just for a bit fun. One of them however, I added on because I thought it might be time I learnt a "life-lesson" - number 68: learn how to change a tire.

I put one on with the expectation that one weekend, I would go and visit my dad and he would take me through, step by step the process of changing a tire so that when the time came, I would be able to do it all by myself. However, life being what it is, that didn't happen.

Yesterday, for the first time in my short driving life, I got a flat, driving home from a job interview, a nail decided to lodge itself into my tire. And me, being me, decided it would be cool to drive on it til I got home. Apparently that's not what you do.

So, with the help of youtube videos, stressful calls to my dad and everyone else that I thought might be helpful, somehow, the tire has been changed. There is a good change I might be reduced to a bicylce and public transport by the the end of the week, but so far, I am will to say that I can change a tire.

Just look at me go!

No comments:

Post a Comment