Friday 13 September 2013

013: Things I don't Know

I recently turned 21. Woo! So midst the celebration, I, being the awfully pensive individual that I am, got to thinking. Supposably, I am an adult now, fully fledged in every sense of the term, but it still scares me when people, often younger kids, classify me as ‘a grown up’. Banished from the kids table and forced into small talk and appetizers, I don’t think I’m ready for all this scary shit yet.
In my mind, grown ups were the ones who knew everything and were capable of great things. But I still call my mum if the washing machine is making strange noises. And as much as I would like to think that I am a not dumb person, there are something’s that no matter how many times I try, I have just not learnt them yet.

10 Things I Know But Have Not Learnt
1.       The cheapest wine on the shelf is never good wine
2.       $8 shoes are never going to last
3.       It’s never just ‘one more episode’
4.       Mixing wine and vodka is not a good idea
5.       The bins go out on Thursdays
6. If he's not calling, he's no interested.
7. Your hair is never going to look like it did at the hairdressers
8.       Coffee is no substitute for breakfast
9.       No-one looks good while running
10.    Life will not begin until you are not waiting for it.

  Kathleen x 

No comments:

Post a Comment