Sunday 8 September 2013

012: A Decidedly Good Week

Last Monday, I woke up a mess. I had overslept my morning class and a job interview and hair to rival Hermione Granger. I was running late and forgot to mention some crucial experience in the interview and nearly rammed into another car. All in all, it was a pretty shitty morning. And unfortunately, my week followed much the same course. 

Every day I was running late for something, an class presentation on Tuesday, (which literally involved running up five flights of stairs) dinner with my parents and working the late night shift everyday and getting suck in traffic all over the place. And to add to the stress, I had three assignments due by the end of the week and I had forgotten all about them until a few days before the due date. Sleeping and eating became optional extras. 

Safe to say, my week wasn't exactly perfect. 

On the Sunday night, as I drove home from work (it hadn't been a good shift, running late, got a couple of orders wrong and had been teetering on tears since my vacuum had exploded that morning) I decided that my bad week was over. And I was going to have a better week. 

Just with that slight change in attitude, things started to go better. With my assignments in and  a designated 'reading week' (AKA quarter semester break just for my class) and significantly less shifts the world around me freed up and I did it. I had a brilliant night sleep, read a couple of riveting novels and caught up with friends I hadn't seen in a while. I had another job interview, which went brilliantly - sat down and spoke for over an hour about working in hospitality and had the job offered to me on the spot. Had my involuntary life experiences for the week  and finally moved the furniture back into my flat. 
Sunday Morning - the results of a good week in my opinion 


And just to top the week off - had one of my bestest friends 21st - although I did spend some time holding back someone's hair, it wasn't my own, so I can always count that as a bonus.

I find it so surprising how much you are able to change purely by deciding that everything is going to be ok. What happened wasn't so different from the previous week, actually think more bad things happened, but the control I have over my mood and the power of positive thinking really can make an amazing difference to everything that happens. 

Now all that needs to happen is to keep this frame of mind, make it a constant things and everything should be swell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment